Total War: ROME II - Rise of the Republic Campaign Pack Announced
Total War: ROME II isn't just getting a hefty update as I wrote about the Ancestral update here. As I predicted a new campaign pack has been announced. Rise of the Republic is a brand new campaign centred around early Rome before it was an empire. They're calling this a prequel to Total War: ROME II.
Taking place in 399BC, it features a much more focused campaign that is centred around the Italian peninsular and its neighbouring states.
9 Distinct Factions
Creative Assembly mentions of a new dilemma system whereby each faction has its own set of challenges you will face if the conditions are right. This basically sounds a lot like scripted
Each faction also has unique government actions which is a mechanic that replace the change government features. Some of the examples of it are:
- Rome may appoint consuls or dictators in times of need
- The Etruscans of Tarchuna can initiate the summit of Fanum Voltumnae, where decisions are made
- The Samnites can rely on the ancient Ver Sacrum rite, to receive an instant army
- The Insubres and Senones rely on druidic councils for divination and public support
- Taras has access to court philosophers who greatly improve their research
The 9 factions are:
- Rome – a growing republic, vulnerable and surrounded by enemies
- Tarchuna – the mighty and influential Etruscan state
- Senones – a Cisalpine Gallic tribe with a thirst for plunder
- Insubres – a Gallic tribe who are diplomatic and managerial in style
- Samnites – an Italic state that threatened Rome in the 4th century BC
- Taras – a Greek city-state founded by the Spartans
- Syracuse – a Greek metropolis in Sicily, and the bastion against Carthage
- Iolei – an indigenous Sardinian tribe
- Veneti – an Italic tribe of horse masters surrounded by enemies
There's the usual new technologies and units you'd expect in a campaign pack. What's interesting is Creative Assembly has announced that the Ancestral Update will release alongside this campaign pack.
Which means we now know when the Ancestral Update is released out of beta.... 9th August.
Total War: ROME II - Rise of the Republic is priced at USD$16.99 (RM40.50) or your regional equivalent.
Amazing discounts on Strategy PC games at Fanatical. Browse now