Frostpunk Update 1.1.2 Is Live! People & Automatons Free Update
11 Bit Studios released their second free update for their hit survival city-builder, Frostpunk. Update 1.1.2 will now allow you to rename your citizens and automatons. Which is nice in terms of immersion, but that's not all.
They've gone out of their way to make the game look better. They've added extra visual variety for some of the buildings and airships in the game.
You can now also search for individual citizens by their name, which is nice if you have a stalker streak in you. You know, big brother is always watching.
The next update will include a brand new scenario called the builders, which I'm sure they'll be adding some neat new stuff in it.
I love what 11 Bit Studios are doing with Frostpunk. They keep rewarding people to get back into the game. There's always new stuff to expect from these updates.
What should be lauded is their commitment to ensuring new content stays free for those that purchased the game. I could easily see big publishers hawking out DLC scenarios. But 11 Bit Studios resisted that.
I'm sure there will be paid content on the horizon. Perhaps a significant expansion pack of sorts, which 11 Bit Studios has confirmed they are working on. I'll gladly pay for it though.
Full change list for 1.1.2 below
- You can now change the names of your people and automatons
- You can now search for people and automatons by name
- New visual variants of hunter airships
- Diversified looks of Hunter Huts, Gathering Posts, Outposts and Workshops
- Keyboard can now be used to navigate the main menu
- Added Intel NUC Skull Canyon support
- Added Razer Chroma support
Smaller changes and balancing:
- Building grid revamped - it is now easier to fit an optimal number of buildings within an area. Also, buildings will expand to adjacent, otherwise unusable single-cell spaces, resulting in cleaner layouts.
- Many tweaks dealing with erratic hunter behavior and people getting stuck
- Additional UI tweaks and fixes
- Fixed a crash after selecting a group of people approaching the city
- Numerous optimization changes
- Fixed required temperature tutorial
- Fixed problems with binding multimedia keys
- Additional FX fixes
- Fixed issue where wrong icons appeared over buildings
Amazing discounts on Strategy PC games at Fanatical. Browse now