Anno 1800 Release Date Announced With Stunning 4K Gameplay Trailer. What We Know So Far
The next entry in Ubisoft Blue Byte Studios' popular city-builder series, Anno 1800 will be coming to the PC on February 26th, 2019. This was announced in a 4K gameplay trailer for Gamescom 2018 which you can view below.
Information on Anno 1800 has been very light since its announcement at Gamescom 2017 and brief showcase at E3 2018.
But the German developers, Blue Byte Studios are promising to reveal more about new gameplay features at Gamescom 2018 (it's happening right now).
Here's the information we have so far (and some new info that has been revealed today):
- Deal with secret societies, shifting allegiance and conspiracies. The Victorian era was a turbulent time of political change. Blue Byte announced that this will be represented in the game with a new game mechanic that simulates the thoughts of your citizens. This hasn't been explained that well yet, but it's likely related to the goods available to your citizens and education.
- Send off ships to story expeditions. There was still exploration going on during this period. You'll be able to send some ships on a story expedition adventure that will give you some benefits if they succeed in the expedition. This is more of a hands-off things, you don't directly control this.
- Tourism. You could build a zoo that will attract tourists to your city. Potentially there will be many other tourist magnet buildings/attractions.
- Citizens can get sick if they live close to factories. How and where you place your cities houses and factories makes a world of difference. On one hand, the factories bring in new citizens with more work opportunities. On the other hand, they make your citizens sick if it's placed to close to houses.
- Civilization tiers. This is like aging up in the Age of Empires series. The Victorian era was a time of innovation and new discoveries. You will be progressing through 5 civilization tiers over time. This one is still a little sketchy as to how you will actually be progressing through the tiers.
- Strikes and Unionisation. A big thing during the time period is unionisation and the rise of worker rights. You'll have to deal with strikes and unions as industrialisation starts to become more important to your city.
The Anno series is a city-builder very heavily focused on setting up trade routes to gain new resources and the optimisation of your supply chain and logistics.
I'll update this post as more information becomes available in the next few days. Stay tuned for more Anno 1800.
Amazing discounts on Strategy PC games at Fanatical. Browse now